Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Singer Logo - Denim Pouch

 


  
I found the flash drive for my Babylock Elegante embroidery machine in the utility drawer.  I hadn't used the embroidery machine in such a long time.  

On the flash drive was a design file for a Singer sewing machine badge--a design I've never used.  I don't remember when/where I bought it.  But it seemed like a good idea to try it out now.

I deconstructed a pair of blue jeans--material to make the body and strap.  The pouch is lined with red/blue accent fabric, padded with leftover batting trimmings from quilts I make. 

I cut (2) 2" wide denim strips--folded edges to the center and zig-zag stitched to make 1" wide carrying strap, 46" length.

Decorated body and strap with the red/dark blue cotton fabric.  I hand rolled polymer clay (Premo) to make beads for the beaded zipper pull.  Baked the beads in the oven at 265 degrees F for 30 minutes.  Strung beads on 20# hemp cord.  

And there you have it, a delightful Little Purse.  I will have lots of fun/free video tutorials for you to review on my new website Linda Lu Sewing--to be launched in April 2021.  Stay tuned for more details.  



  







6 comments:

  1. Hello Linda, That embroidery machine sounds like a clever invention. I could imagine that it would give lots of inspiration for projects. You mention that you bought the Singer logo. Does that mean that the designs are hard to make, or can you just scan something on your computer and feed it in>
    --Jim
    p.s. I just posted some American mystery objects on my blog. I'll bet that with your knowledge of old-fashioned things, you could guess them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim,
    There are many online businesses who sell digitized designs for embroidery machines. One of my favorite place to shop designs is Urban Threads. Also, I bought Buzz 2 Stitches software--that allows me to digitize my own my original drawings, by scanning drawing, converting to a jpg file, then the Buzz 2 Stitches software creates a PES digital file for on my Babylock Embroidery machine. The digitized results are hit and miss, depending how complex the drawing. My embroidery machine came with some default designs, but most fun is the ability to program "words" and stitch them on fabric. An example of this was an order for 12 men's handkerchiefs I embroidered for a client. The client wanted personalized Christmas gifts to give to the men in her family. I selected a delicate oval and inside the oval I programmed, "A**hole". She said it was the best (most clever) gift ever. Everyone had a good laugh. Thank you for stopping by to see my work and to add great comments. I'll check out your blog right now, to see the American mystery objects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, LOVE this little bag!! I have some basic embroidery functions on my (ancient) Bernina that I have never used. I was given a 15 minute tutorial on all the machine functions after I got the machine, but anything I learned in that regard has long been lost LOL. I am sure, though, it never had the capability even if I knew how to use it, to do this. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Robin. Thank you for stopping by, and giving me the thumbs up on the little Singer badge bag.

    Hey, tell me more about your Bernina, sounds like a cool machine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Singer logo. I have a large collection of vintage Singers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cheryl. I will go take a look at your blog. and follow you. I always like to see vintage Singers. Would be great to correspond with you. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete