Pages

Friday, October 16, 2020

Handmade Beads to Make Bracelets and Zipper Pulls

 

I make lots and lots of handmade beads,


to make simple bracelets


The littlest beads shown here are 6/0 glass (store bought)


However, the larger beads are polymer clay beads I hand rolled and baked in my oven.


Soon, on my new website Linda Lu Sewing, you will able to see videos "how I make them and use them" on lots of projects.



The largest beads clay beads are used to make my signature
zipper pulls on Little Purses.

Below:
Singer Sewing Logo machine embroidered design; I sewed purse with recycled blue jeans, leftover batting and cotton prints from quilt projects.  


It's much more fun to grab a handful of beads to zip open and close than zipping with that skinny little zipper tab.

I'll keep you posted when my new website Linda Lu Sewing is launched.  I think it will happen in January 2021. 

The Linda Lu Sewing website will have dozens of My Little Purses available to buy, as well as the purse patterns. and "how to make" videos.





Beaded wristlet straps for purses.  I use handmade beads, 6/0 glass beads, and often vintage buttons.  

Don't worry about the beads ever coming off.  I hand stitch the snot out of them.

Hope you like what you see, and will join me at Linda Lu Sewing website in 2021.

Stay tuned for more information . . .  and thanks for looking at my work.

***
P.S. - I just looked out the window--it looks like snow--holy moley!



3 comments:

  1. I'll be looking forward to it! (Your new website that is, not the snow LOL)....yes we had snow today here....and they are saying we can get up to 2" more tonight. Yuck. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Robin. Thank you for commenting on my blog, and your encouragement about my new website journey. Today I am transforming those rough blue jeans side seams into bracelets with lots of glass and polymer clay bead embellishments. I will be posting those very soon for your review. And, I plan to do a video tutorial on making them (for my website Linda Lu Sewing). Talk to you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about your shop ! Waiting for it to open, maybe I'll be one of your first customers.

    ReplyDelete