Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Come See the Quilts I Made

 
I love to quilt.  This one is called "Science Friday" and it is a queen size quilt.
 
Here's how it went together. 
 
Are you ready?  Lots of Pictures . . . .
 
 First, you find inspiration fabric.  I found several yards of this scientific symbol fabric at Goodwill.  It was half price ticket day--I got the whole chunk for 99 cents. 
 
Are these architectural drawing symbols  Or, just made up stuff? 
 
Then, I went looking for more fabrics: gray, more yellow, some black, and ivory ground.
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Ragnhild's Room - East Bedroom
Her Teacher's briefcase background
 
 
 
 
Next Post - is a quilt called Sunburn on the Beach!
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 

5 comments:

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Linda,
It's been a while since I last commented, but glad to be dropping in to see your new projects. The patience one needs to do a quilt, not to mention the skill. You are amazing. Your walls are coming along beautifully.
Anyes
xx

Gearhart said...

I love the quilting patterns. Your quilt looks so professional and looks great in the bedroom. I look forward to your next project.

Mrs. D said...

Hi Anyes,

Thanks for your kind words Anyes. I'm picking up speed learning how to use the long arm machine and happy with the results so far.

I left you a note at the Dusty Victorian last night. Sorry its been such a long time since I've written.

Have a great weekend.

Mrs. D

Mark D. Ruffner said...

I like that your quilts have such original themes, and I'll bet that Ragnhild is enjoying that you've set a room aside for her, and put a scholarly quilt on the bed!

JC said...

Neat quilt! I like the colours, and the creative stitch work. :)