Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to 1925

You're looking at a photo taken of our house in 1925 featuring second home owner Thomas Quien and his two grandchildren Mary Jane and Donna Quien.
Photobucket

Today the steps were rebuilt. We haven't had front steps in the last two years. Chalk it up to too many projects to do; too little time.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Even though these photos are cluttered with stuff from construction, I'm delighted to show them to you, and even more excited about walking down the steps instead of jumping down. I don't know about you, but my 60 year old legs don't "do jumps" any more.

Below is what the front porch and steps looked like two years ago before repairs:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Below is a photograph of the east porch entrance. Soon the front porch will have the same railing system, including the restored original spindles. The two piece railings are toast, so all of it is new material except for the spindles. Mom and I worked two summers restoring original spindles to make them suitable for reconstruction of the front porch.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful house Linda that fire the imagination!!! I love it. It make's me think immediatelly about literature. It must be a delight to live within these walls. Congratulations for the restoration!!
    ♥ Hélène Flont

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house is progressing so beautifully! Your mom is amazing.
    Anyes
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my inspiration for fixing up my old house! You've accomplished so much.I better get my rear in gear and get moving! And your mom is a dynamo! What a great team you all mkae! :-)

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete