Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Fabric covered journals


I've been sewing lots of padded fabric journal covers out of blue jeans and other printed cotton fabric.  Its been fun recycling pockets for function and decoration.  The journal covers will be offered for sale at some summer events.  I'll keep you posted of the dates, ok?


Each journal cover holds a 100 page lined composition tablet.



Sewing on the pocket


Hand embroidery work on each fabric journal cover







Also introducing this year is my new creation, a Traveler's pouch . . .


The Traveler's Pouch starts out as a long quilted pocket to store and hang up your curling iron, or fill it with your cosmetics and fold it up and put in your suitcase.  

Or,
 Fold up the Traveler's Pouch, secured with a button/loop closure to use as a mini purse with cross body strap.  Because this is a padded item, you can be confident your cell phone will be protected and easy to answer a call.

I'm making lots of the padded Traveler's Pouches in different fabrics.  All of them are quilted on my long arm machine prior to construction, then hand decorated.

Come visit me at
Rising Star Mill and Arts and Craft Show
Saturday and Sunday Memorial Weekend
May 25-26, 2019 - 10a until 5p
Nelsonville, WI









4 comments:

  1. I love your new creations! Especially the traveler’s pouch. You need to do some shows up this way LOL! Happy, Happy, April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say that I love your journal covers. (both these new ones and ones in an older post). I love the improv and playfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg ur home is gorgeous. Just knowing how old the home is makes it so much more interesting. Plus these homes were truly made to last. And 2. Ur covered journals r beautiful. It's not so all over the place as of the YouTube journals that involve so much more work. Now ur hand work is just amazing that's work but the inside is complete. Infact last night I was at the store and actually thought of covering a tablet like u. Then put it off. Lovely work. I'm n Texas don't know when I'll make it to..u must sell on line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journals and bags are GORGEOUS! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete