Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Shimmering Olive Green Tablescape in My Red Dining Room

It's Christmas. I'm decorating a bit here and there. The historical society is coming over Sunday for a party.
A couple of years ago I found this beautiful shimmering olive fabric. Last weekend I decided to make a table cloth out of it. I put the cloth on the table, making adjustments side to side, length to length, placed a few pins. Then I folded up the fabric and cut it with the cutting wheel and self healing board.

Next I grabbed the serger and serged the edges of the fabric. I flipped the serged edges and
sewed a simple stitch to finish the hem.
The leftover fabric I serged and hemmed also, and used it in the center of the table. The fabric front & back makes a nice two-toned effect.
I took down the autumn wreaths I was decorating with this fall, and re-used them in this tablescape. I placed my favorite four birdies on the table, and sprinkle the perimeter with jingle bells.
By the way, the only reason I remembered I had this shimmering olive fabric was---I ran across olive colored tapered candles in Kmart, and immediately thought of the fabric I had stashed. Ain't life fun?

The candelabra was a great find at Beth's--my favorite vintage shop in Auroraville, WI. It's a bit of a ways to drive--by my goodness--she's got neat stuff there. I'm going to get her to come over sometime and lay some of her decorating talent on my house--cause she's da bomb!



4 comments:

  1. Ohhh..absolutely lovely. The perfect look for a Victorian table. You have a beautiful home.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Linda...I love your tablescape. That olive material is very nice! I know you are excited about the Historical Society's visit. One day, I hope to have the history of this farmhouse complete. Right now, most of the changes around here are slow going. We are not doing a historical restoration as you are doing but just making the farmhouse liveable to our standards. The house was liveable before we moved in, just needed alot of MUCH needed repairs.

    I hope you have a great day and a wonderful time at your party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, absolutely lovely. Olive green is such a marvelous color, gives off a lovely golden glow at night You had me at Historical Society. I was very active with the Little Britian Historical Society in Pennsylvania. Loved the historical homes and communities and live for the historical Christmas walks. Such Fun. Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda-

    What a beautiful tablescape! I love how the room comes together in a gorgeous Victorian Christmas palette. You must not have cats, because at our house, those jingle bells would be all over the house!

    Have a great time at your party!

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete