Pages

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Mystery Object - What Is it?



Mystery Object - What is it?

Can you guess?

Living in a 125 year old Victorian house is the perfect situation for collecting and displaying old and odd things, (besides me).

I had to do some research on this mystery object myself.  Let's see if you can solve the mystery.

Please leave me a comment, and tell me what you think it is.  

Funny comments are recommended, and more serious guesses are acceptable.    Outrageous Explanations of its use (as you see it) could draw rounds of applause.  

The moderation comments feature is enabled which allows me to read your comment and reply to you.   Half the fun is reading what everyone else guesses.  

Do you like mystery objects like this?  If yes, then I know you'll enjoy reading Road to Parnassus blog, where my friend Jim offers photos of mystery objects.  We all enjoy guessing what the hell is that?    Here's a link to his blog.  Enjoy!




Scroll Down for the answer to Linda's Mystery Object - What is it?









It's an "all metal" foot control for a 1929 Singer Model 99

When I started collecting sewing machines, this was my first purchase.  It sews like a dream.  Love the way it starts and stops efficiently.  Mr. Wizard (Ed Lamoureux)  of Vintage Sewing Machines blog tells me some unusual shaped foot controls like these were offered as kits. 

Check out Ed's wonderful blog at:
http://sewing-machines.blogspot.com/







9 comments:

  1. Not sure! Shine your shoes on it??????
    Have a really nice Thanksgiving,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an old sewing machine foot control to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Linda, Yes, I do know what this is--but only because of our previous discussion! There is so much in the past that we can wonder at, and never more so than when confronted with a Mystery Object. I'll bet your house is full of them. And thanks for your generous recommendation of my blog.
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a foot pedal for a sewing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Deanna,

    I'm really taking a shine to your answer. Shining shoes isn't one of its functions. Good guess. Will you try again? Have a lovely Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jim (Road to Parnassus). Yes, I knew you'd catch up with me--copying your great Mystery Object posts, so I confessed up front where I'd got the idea.

    I still don't know how to do the answer/reply format you use on your posts. Perhaps you'll show me.

    What I do know is: new visitors to your blog will enjoy reading your stories as much as I do.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie and Baukje answered correctly! Smart gals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a similar machine, but not that foot pedal! Have not seen the foot print peddle before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reminds me of the Willcox & Gibbs treadles with the two foot shaped pieces on the irons.

    ReplyDelete