Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

North Bedroom Windows - Before & After

"After"
I finished sewing the casings on all of the sheers and dark blue/gray drapery panels (panels not shown here).


The little oak lamp table I found at an auction for $60.  Jon made some slight repairs and glued to tighten it.

Today, I start "repainting" the already painted floors.  A multi-step process to replicate wood grain finish called Faux Bois--very popular finish during the Victorian era.  I'll post photos to show steps and results. 

"Before" - Oh my, what can I say?  This photo is among others taken a year ago Jan 2009.  I put the photos in a folder and called the folder "Homeless Shelter". 
Photo taken Fall 2009 - Hauled away the junk!

4 comments:

Christine L. Mitchell said...

This room is looking SO beautiful!

I was going to tell you that I thought the Gel Stain would be great for doing faux graining and was going to try it next time I have something I wanted to grain. I was going to make a post about graining although mine isn't professional since I just wing it.

Can't wait to see your floor!

Deanna said...

You have lifted my spirits!!! I shared this post with my hubby and we both laughed at the before picture because this is how our bedroom looks right now as I speak!
Your Post has given us some hope that there IS HOPE in our mess.
Your room looks lovely and I'm so glad to have been able to see your wonderful results. Looks great,
d

The Victorian Parlor said...

Wow-it looks beautiful! You did a fabulous job!

Blessings,

Kim

Eastlake Victorian said...

Linda-

What a difference! The "before" shots are so funny! I'm loving it. Can't wait to see how the floors turn out!

-Pam