Monday, March 9, 2009

Bathroom furniture - handkerchief dresser

STORAGE for the new bathroom

The 1940s dresser my mother Lorraine and I found at a farm sale Sep 08. It was painted John Deere green. Mom repaired the chipped veneer with wood filler, sanded, then primed the dresser. I painted two coats of black satin furniture enamel, then handpainted gold flurishes with thinned acrylic craft paint.

I painted a six drawer high boy to match. When I found the 1980s high boy it was painted yellow. I painted it black satin and will handpaint same gold flurishes as the handkerchief dresser. Cystral knobs will finish the high boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment