Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Black and Winter White Quilt



I made this Black and Winter White Quilt in April 2018
Sold ***Memorial Weekend at Rising Star Mill Art Show, Nelsonville WI


For the backing fabric I wanted something dark, where I could adds some contrast with two art panels from the fabrics used on the quilt top.

Here are some photos of the long arm quilting process, and a chance to see the winter white fabric up close.  Love, love the fabric.



I'd like to make this one again in black and white, but with a different color for the center of the 9 patch.  It would either be ugly or beautiful.  

I don't pre-draw my quilts on paper before I start building a quilt.  Just an idea, and I don't know exactly what it will look like until it's finished.  That is the joy of designing.  

I made several quilts this winter--I'll be posting more of them later.

Thank you for looking at my stuff.






1 comment:

  1. Hello Linda, That black and white quilt is a handsome design, and would fit well either in a modern or traditional room.
    --Jim

    ReplyDelete