Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tent Bag - Making Bags to Get Organized

We bought a new 12' by 12' tent this summer. The whole thing came in a big canvas bag.  The folded metal frame portion of the tent fit nicely inside the canvas bag, but the canopy--I couldn't figure out how to compress it enough to fit back into the original canvas bag.

So . . . I decided to make a separate bag to store the canopy. 

I cut out the pieces to construct the bag.  Then I machined embroidered TENT BAG. 
I thought--might as well label the dang thing.

The striped duck cloth reminds me of pillow ticking--only in a drab olive color.  I bought a 5 yard remnant (52" width).  Thought it would make lining for many totes. It sure worked out well for the canopy bag.
In the photo above, I pulled away the sides to be able to show the inserted silver color tent canopy, and to show useful center ties.  The center ties keep everything snug when storing or carrying it.

I liked the utility bag so much that I made traveling tote.  Here's one with a fun front pocket featuring an articulated bunny.  I called it Run Bunny, Run.   

I'm selling this tote for $40 - Contact me if you'd like to acquire it.
SOLD

Back side of the tote has a double pocket and special message.


There he goes . . .


See bunny's legs move - he's running away.

I machine embroidered the articulated bunny.  I stitch the bunny a special heavy duty stabilizer rather than cloth.  Once finished, the stabilizer pulls away from the design, resulting in a free-standing lace.

Oh, but there's more - another travel tote with a bunny. 
Double front pockets and a key fob.  The lining and center ties made from a small pebble theme printed cotton.  The exterior fabric is durable, yet soft and washable with a damp cloth.


To give you an idea of the size--it put 4 double rolls of paper towels inside to take this photograph. 
This great travel tote is $40.  Let me know if you'd like this one.  It would make a great gift.

Center ties are great to keep contents secure--especially if you fill it to the brim. 
Detail of the free-standing lace carrot. 

Detail of Mr. Bunny running after the carrot. 


1 comment:

  1. I love to see how your mind works and where it goes — always off in a creative direction! The rabbit bags are utterly charming.

    ReplyDelete