Sunday, November 23, 2008
Re-building Front Porch - June 2008
We are the third owners of this house, purchasing it in April 2007. The second owner Thomas Quien purchased the house in December 1917. Here is a photo around 1925 of our house. Center is Thomas Quien and his granddaughters Donna and Mary Quien.
While working on the front porch this summer the old steps were in terrible shape and were part of the deconstruction process--and they were much narrower than those shown in this 1925 photo of our house. The new steps will be built in the summer of 2009 and will be wide like this photo.